Acura Oil Catch Can
PRODUCE MAXIMUM ENERGY AND KEEP ENGINE CLEAN!
This Acura oil catch can is the best value for money catchment can available
• Highly efficient oil separation as a closed as well as an open system
• Maintenance friendly: fittings are not removed during element maintenance
• Less motor oil consumption in comparison to less efficient separators or conventional open systems
• Provides ideal protection for turbochargers and other components installed downstream.
Why you need this:
- Increase in fuel economy
- Prevent engine knocking
- Prevent premature combustion (pre-ignition)
We ship free to U.S.
Benefits of an Oil Catch Can
The valve rings do not create a perfect seal in an engine. If they did the pistons would not be able to move up and down. Because there is a tiny gap between the cylinders walls and the pistons, a little bit of pressure is able to escape into the valve cover area and crankcase. At the same time burnt oils are also escaping into the valve cover area. This is called “blow-by”. The contents are nasty and will eventually make its way into the PCV line and Breather. The PCV line will recycle these burnt solids back into your intake manifold which will increase the level of carbon solids, and reduce your octane levels. For a boosted setup with turbo and supercharger, the Breather line will recirculate some of these oils into the intake which will go into the intercooler. Of course, the intercooler works best when the interior surfaces are nice and clean. When the breather line returns any fumes with oils into the intake, this will start to coat the inside of the intercooler with oil, and reduce the heat exchange efficiencies.
1 x Oil Catch Tank and Hardware, such as Clamps, Hoses and Bolts, (all necessary for installation)
Choose your Acura year and model from the drop down list above, for your oil catchment can.